Z hotel is the original boutique hotel on zanzibar; opening in 2010, it brings casual relaxation blended with contemporary london–inspired design to the beaches of zanzibar providing the 21st century traveller with a fresh and original beach-holiday experience.
set in a tropical garden with steps to white powder of nungwi’s award winning beach and temperate indian ocean, the Z hotel will provide you with everything you need for a unique away-from-it-all holiday but with all the advantages of modern living, including lcd tv, cable tv, wifi & docking stations in all rooms.
our london-inspired design blends philippe starck furniture and lighting with zanzibari features to create a bright, airy atmosphere. the Z was named one of the ‘trendiest hotels in africa’ by tripadvisor and the world travel awards – and the only one in tanzania.
while we aim to offer a totally relaxed and stress-free environment, the location of the Z means we are also perfectly placed to offer our more ‘energetic’ guests some of the best diving, snorkeling and fishing available anywhere in the world as well as a range of water sports. the world-renowned mnemba atoll has one of the highest concentrations of turtles anywhere in the world and is just a half hour boat ride away.
have a look at the video to see a day in the life of the Z hotel.
karibu Z hotel…
the Z hotel voted 7th best hotel in Tanzania with over 500 hotels registered.
"the Z hotel is the island’s first designer property, featuring furniture by mr minimalism himself, philippe starck ... a suitably chic retreat to repair to"
- the times, london
nungwi beach rated the 5th best beach in the world
- the guardian, uk national newspaper
Z hotel was nominated for africa’s leading beach hotel
- world travel awards 2012
Honeymoon couples that stay a minimum of 4 nights will receive: a fresh fruit platter and a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and lobster dinner for 2 at saruche restaurant on any night of their choice. If they stay 6 nights or more they will receive all of the aforementioned goodies plus an additional 30 minute luxurious couple's massage
Z hotel, Zanzibar - new flexible booking Terms & Conditions:
25% deposit required upon booking – balance upon arrival
Full refund if cancelled 14 days before arrival
The Z hotels new Gym, Spa, Rooftop Yoga & Viewing Deck
All 3 new levels with the most amazing views in Nungwi.
Due to the recent Covid 19 worldwide pandemic, to keep both our guests and employees safe, we have made some changes to the Z Hotel & the Kidoti Villas that we would like to make you aware of. We believe that with careful planning and consideration by our staff and guests we can continue to provide the best hospitality services on Zanzibar. For now, this may be our new norm but the Zanzibar sun is still shining, the blue waters still shimmering and the cocktails are still being stirred, all waiting for your visit.
1. All our pool and beach beds will be a minimum of 1 metre apart.
2. All our Saruche restaurant tables at the Z hotel will be a minimum of 1 metre apart.
3. We have advice and guidance posters throughout the hotel and the Kidoti Villas to educate and remind all about keeping sensible distances if they wish to do so, plus the importance of hand washing.
4. All staff will be trained on the new social distancing norm both in and out of the work place.
5. All staff will have their temperatures taken daily before starting work shifts and they will only visit their homes weekly on their days off. Z Hotel & the Kidoti Villas will be laying on transport so all staff can avoid public transport.
6. All staff that come in close contact with guests will wear masks.
7. There will be non-touch automatic hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hotel grounds, the private Villas and staff quarters.
8. There will be a 24-hour period where each room/Villa is left empty between guests vacating and new guests arriving.
9. Guestroom keys & key cards as well as the Kidoti Villas keys will be disinfected after each use.
10. Guest transport: frequently touched places inside the vehicle in the passenger areas will be disinfected with every arrival.
For additional guest comfort, we have also banned smoking in all public spaces at the Z hotel including the pool deck and restaurant, however there will be small allocated smoking areas for those who do want to smoke.
Zanzibar wasn't really affected by Covid-19 to the same extent as most other countries, in fact the minister of health recently announced there have been no new cases for 5 days. However, we will keep the above measures in place for everyone’s peace of mind. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you at the Z hotel or the Kidoti Villas by Z for your African holiday of a lifetime.