The Z Hotel – About Zanzibar, Tanzania
Set in the crystal blue waters of the Indian Ocean, Zanzibar with its tropical climate, white powder beaches, rich cultural heritage and abundant coral reefs offers some of the best diving in the world. It is one of the last remaining areas of outstanding natural beauty unspoilt by tourism. Indeed Nungwi beach has recently been voted the 5th best beach in the world by the UK newspaper, The Guardian, which describes it as “to die for”.
The Island’s capital Stone Town is a designated World Heritage site and blends a culture steeped in the opulence of the Sultans with influences from Europe. Zanzibar then formed part of the Portuguese, British, Italian, and German Empires creating a unique legacy and almost mythical atmosphere.
- Further Information:
- ZanzibarIs an archipelago made up of Zanzibar and Pemba Islands and several inlets
- LocationIt is located about 25 miles from the Tanzanian coast, 6° south of the equator
- Size60 miles long, 20 miles wide, 650 square miles
- Population1 Million
- ClimateTropical, average 26° centigrade throughout the year
- CurrencyTanzanian Shilling, although US$ are widely accepted
- LanguageSwahili and English